List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] 2m module for the KX3?
From:       Phil Hystad <phystad () mac ! com>
Date:       2014-02-27 15:59:17

Sean,

The time for the calls sign to show up in the FCC ULS database depends mostly on the \
speed of the VE/VEC giving the test and processing the paper work.  A friend of mine \
had his call in the ULS database about 3 days after his test.   I think that is the \
fastest I ever heard of.  The slowest could be almost anything.

I too am waiting for the KX3 2-meter option but haven't heard anything lately.  Now \
that the 100-watt amp for the KX3 is moving out the door at a regular pace, I think \
the focus is on the 2-meter option.  I am guessing late summer.  If you want to get \
on the repeaters, go out and buy yourself a cheap 2-meter FM rig -- probably can find \
one for under $100 easily.

73, phil, K7PEH