List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Answered my own question: RTTY split
From:       Bill Frantz <frantz () pwpconsult ! com>
Date:       2014-02-26 22:49:23

I have some magic incantations I use for split:

  (1) Press A->B twice. This gets both VFOs on the same
  mode/frequency so you can actually enter split.

  (2) After setting the split, double check that the yellow
  <delta>f LED is on showing your transmit frequency is different
  from your receive frequency. And check that the triangle on the right
  side of the screen just under the TX letters is pointing down
  to VFO B. After getting a long distance phone call from another
  ham wanting to Elmer me when I was transmitting on the DX
  frequency I try to double check.

The dark red line on the P3 is another clue that you are actually
working split, but the red is only subtly different from the red
band used for VFO B. I missed the difference the first time even
though I knew it was there and wasn't split.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV