List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Advice on 6 meters
From:       "PA2V" <peter () pa2v ! com>
Date:       2014-02-26 21:27:53

Hello Phil,

I have been on 6 meters from 1988 untill 2012.
Worked 220 DXCC's from all continents. Even did some K7's and VE7's. Heard
KL7.
Six is a great but demanding band. You need to keep an eye on all monitors.
And when there is something happening, be prepared for some battle.

It is a great band with CW, SSB and digi modes. Just try it.
Your best time will be summer time while Es goes loose.
50 MHz is THE Eskip and Aurora band. Better than any other.
But success is for the prepared operator only. The UK Six Meter Group site
will tell you more.
Have a look on my pages at www.pa2v.com

Go for a 6 el one wavelength Yagi, LFA is superior because the clean
pattern.
Noise is your worst enemy.
Good luck, Peter PA2V

Message: 4