List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] KX3 tx not getting out
From:       drewko <drewko1 () verizon ! net>
Date:       2013-07-30 1:43:12

Try a few CW transmissions such as "TEST DE KF5TEU KF5TEU AR" then
search your callsign on Reverse Beacon Network to see if any stations
have copied. =

73,
Drew
AF2Z

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:29:24 -0500, you wrote:

>I set up two portable antennas, a Buddipole as a dipole and a Chameleon VL=
1 plus extended Mil pole vertical with 4 grounded radials. They are on a 52=
 ft. hill overlooking the Gulf of Mexico about 100 yds. away.
>I receive on 6-80 fairly well =A0( lots of static though )and the internal=
 ATU tunes below 1.5 on all bands.
>I have tried transmitting on every band to every strong received signal bu=
t not one reply.
>Don't know if I'm getting out at 10 watts or npt.
>AGC cuts off much of the TX during TX down below 10 but some reads at or a=
bove 10.
>Should I turn off AGC ,get closer to the antennas, move the antennas or ju=
st hook up my ICOM 7100 and send 100 W ?
>UNUNs on both antennas, lots of coax =A0feed line (100 ' Rg8u on Cham. ,nd=
 50' =A0LMR 400 on Buddipole, set for 20M ) and antennas are on tripod or c=
lamped to wooden rail.