List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] KAT 500 Shipping Schedule
From:       "W0UCE" <w0uce () nc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2012-08-31 0:32:13

For all of us who have KAT 500s on order it is time to reflect on what we
were taught by loving parents during our formative years:

1.  All good things come to he who waits
2.  You can't be that hungry, you just had lunch
3.  Dinner will be on the table when it is ready
4.  Clean your plate, some hungry person would love to have that
5.  Just you wait until your father gets home
6.  Patience my son, patience
7.  Because I said so, that's why

So what do those formative year lessons have to do with KAT 500?

The answers are clear and well defined:
1.  Last week, thanks to some very diligent field testing, we discovered a
way to significantly reduce LC network losses on the highest bands
(especially on 6 meters)
2.  We just redesigned the PC board to take advantage of this, so you'll
be getting a better ATU
3.  This will push the production schedule out farther
4.  We had to scrap a lot of material, but the change will be
worth the trouble
5 We'll post a revised shipping date as soon as Eric recovers from his
latest hamfest adventure

Those things said, the most important answer is the same as #7 from our
parents... Because I said so, that's why.

We need to take a lesson from the past.  Our parents had our best interests
at heart and Elecraft, only Elecraft, has the same in providing what is best
for Elecraft customers.

Message: 8
Last week, thanks to some very diligent field testing, we discovered a
way to significantly reduce LC network losses on the highest bands
(especially on 6 meters).

We just redesigned the PC board to take advantage of this, so you'll
be getting a better ATU. This will push the production schedule out
farther, and we had to scrap a lot of material, but the change will be
worth the trouble.

We'll post a revised shipping date as soon as Eric recovers from his
latest hamfest adventure.

73,
Wayne
N6KR