List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] K3 / P3 Bug?
From:       Alan Bloom <n1al () sonic ! net>
Date:       2012-05-31 19:22:32

Hi David,

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 21:14 -0700, David McClain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few weeks ago I upgraded my P3 and K3 to firmware P3 MCU: 1.16 and
> K3 MCU: 4.48. Since then, when I try to observe my Rb oscillator's 5th
> harmonic at 50 MHz, the P3 flatlines (no baseline noise at all, just a
> flat line), and when I try to adjust the Span of the P3 display it
> shows "nan" next to the span readout and refuses to adjust.

"nan" means "not a number."  It sounds like somehow the span value got
set to an illegal floating-point number.  Try doing a "Parameter
Initialization" as described in the manual.  (Basically hold the LABELS
key and tap the POWER key.)  Be aware that a param init resets all your
function keys and other settings.

> Is this a known bug?

No I've never heard of that one before.  Congratulations on being the
first. :=)

Alan