List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] K3 APF Adjustable Q
From:       "Paul Christensen" <w9ac () arrl ! net>
Date:       2010-10-31 23:50:29

I suspect the moment variable Q were to become available, soon thereafter,
the next request would be for variable peaking amplitude. At some point,
Elecraft must decide what they want from APF -- is it an emulation of a
filter used in a transceiver from twenty years ago?  Or, is it something
more?  If it's more, then it may as well be a full-blown parametric EQ
channel with variable amplitude, variable frequency, and variable Q.

I tend to agree with Al's comment where he noted that sometimes the most
effective controls are the one's that are easily accessible to the op
without the need for added manipulation.

Paul, W9AC