List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] Elecraft CW Net Announcement
From:       Kevin <kevinr () coho ! net>
Date:       2010-10-31 4:19:55

Good Evening,
    I was out in the heavy fog pushing my squeaky wheelbarrow.  I was
picking up the chunks of wood which had fallen out of the F250 on my last
trip into the woods.  I looked up to see a twitch in the mist.  The
"branches" resolved into a nice rack on a very thick necked buck.  He was
watching me and gave a snort to smell me.  The squeaking got his
attention   I
counted ten points before he moved.  I know there were a few more so he
may have had 14 points in all.  Nice rack on a good sized buck.  First one
I have seen on my land.  I have seen fresh sign of elk but they are being
very sneaky.  I have not seen one in years.  Once I had a dozen of them in
my very small front yard.  Kind of intimidating to walk out the front door
and see all those long antlers!
    I was doing chores today and just got done checking my list.  I had
forgotten to send this announcement.  Heavens!  Propagation for the Zombie
hunt was not good but when I checked SpaceWeather I found there had not
been a solar flare.  The aurora were present but not very strong.
However, even with aurora present it is possible to make contacts.  They
just sound like one is hearing them under water.  There must have been
some other reason for the poor conditions.  I have been experiencing good
conditions lately.  I was intrigued with the new APF firmware and asked
Wayne for the alpha version of it.  It works quite well.  I opened my
filters to about 400 Hz and the APF peaks the weaker signals nicely while
pushing back the noise.  I like it!  The UI is simple too which is very
nice.

Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0000z (Sunday 5 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

     Stay well,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS

-----