List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] Fw:  Buryflex all the way to K3?
From:       "Ken Kopp" <k0pp () rfwave ! net>
Date:       2010-05-31 22:55:25

Thanks all for the input. I'll just run 8X jumpers from my bonding panel to
the K3.

"Bigger coax" is unlikely to bring better shielding, -unless- it's double
shielded, as in RG-214.  There is a double-shileded version of RG-58
(RG-223), which would be better (flexible) in this application.

Direct burial coax -must- have a non-contaminating jacket.  Most
MIL-spec coax does ... most RG-XX "Type" doesn't.  "Type" is an
industry disclaimer for any number of "just like, except" specifications.

73! Ken - K0PP
     ElecraftCovers@rfwave.net