List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] K3 - CQWW SSB Observations - R U kidding?
From:       Don Wilhelm <w3fpr () embarqmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 23:53:18

Dave,

I can vouch for that statement.  I do use the Caddock Thick Film 50 ohm
resistors as precision dummy loads.  They are flat up to 500 MHz with
good mounting using no leads.  They MUST be mounted on a heat sink, and
yes, they will go open in a flash if the rated power is exceeded (don't
bother to ask me how I know that).

So, recommending them for a K3 application may not be the best, but if
you want an inexpensive dummy load, got a heat sink from a defunct
computer CPU cooling device and one of those resistors and connect it to
a BNC or UHF jack using zero length leads - but don't exceed its power
rating (they are available up to 100 watts).

73,
Don W3FPR