List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] [K3]  K3 Firmware Uploads
From:       VE3NFK <john.turgoose () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 13:31:49

My real job is computers - macs and pc's since 1981..... and in the Ham
world, Beta tester for TRX-Manager among others. After lots of trouble with
USB-Serial; I have found that the FTDI chip is the solution - they are
available easily everywhere - the software is updated by the company; and
they work with macs. pc's, and linux boxes.  You can 'tweak' and change com
ports easily from the device manager.  YMMV

73  John VE3NFK