List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] [MM]  W2 high-power VHF sensor?
From:       AD6XY <m.j.willis () rl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2009-10-30 18:09:47

I agree - we will just have to wait - or modify the 200W sensors in some way
- I think the limitation is the coupler termination, getting up to 400W (UK
limit) might be possible.

Perhaps in the interim, when it arrives,  I will put the meter on the radio
side - after all an amplifier has fixed gain, within limits and not over
driving the imput is as important as not overdriving the output.  My W2 is
on order since Dayton, I have not heard it is ready yet and I have not
decided on the sensor yet but as I have an LP100 I have no need of another
HF sensor.

Elecraft - how about producing a sensor without the coupler - so we can
develop our own. I am sure you don't want to make one for each and every
application e.g. 23cms or 500kHz.

Mike