List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] K3 digital modes using HRD via RigExpert Standard
From:       Don Wilhelm <w3fpr () embarqmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-30 21:41:10

Dave,

I don't know the answer, but one guess is that the output of the
RigExpert may be pre-set for mic level (reduced to about 1/10 of
soundcard normal output).  The line input of the K3 needs a 'line level'
signal (about the same as soundcard output).

You can try plugging the RigExpert output into the rear mic jack to test
if the level is the cause.

73,
Don W3FPR