List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] AGC behaviour
From:       "Enno, PF5X" <cw () dx ! nl>
Date:       2008-09-30 21:26:00

John asked me to post this additional useful info.

-- Enno

I wanted to report back to you on the "noise" I was encountering with my K3.
I was not aware of this but changing the RX EQ settings other than default
will cause excess "noise" when changing to the cw mode. When I cleared those
previous settings the "noise floor" of the receiver went down. Something you
may want to try at your end.

73
john-n4dsp