List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re[Elecraft] ceived My K3
From:       "-.-.  --.-N3TU -.-.  --.-" <connectmenow () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-30 1:36:43

It has arrived!!!  I placed my order in the beginning of February and it came
Thursday, September 25. I even got a picture of the UPS guy carrying over
the box.  The reason why it took so long was I had to wait for the sub
receiver which was on back order and I wanted them to install it. Every time
I put something together, I always lose screws, spill drinks, step on parts
running to get the door, ect. ect.  Strange, I didn't have to sign for it.
If I wasn't home, I guess it would be in plane view in front of the door. I
could not believe I was up 24 hours having fun learning the functions of the
new radio. I still have a long way to go. I was even more surprised how easy
it was downloading the software into the radio and opening it up for MARS.
Very easy! I got on the MARS Nets right away.  I had a couple questions and
Elecraft was very helpful. Thanks Scott and Dale for the patience with
someone from "old school."! I bet they had a good laugh but they walked me
through the computer software and helped me understand the settings which
were shot into the radio. I also can't believe how it really cuts down the
line noise around the neighborhood. I don't want to bother Dale or Scott too
much so I guess I will be posting on here if I don't understand something.
The hand mic I received seems to give better audio than the three "studio
mics" I have laying around and it seems sharper but I really do need a good
desk mic that sounds good. (I am afraid that I'll drop the hand mic in my
super big gulp cup.) If anyone has good EQ settings, please respond with
those values. Well, that's all for now. Happy DXing.