List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] Re: KX1 Q6 question....
From:       "Dave G." <dmg () bossig ! com>
Date:       2008-07-31 15:54:29

Don,

Thanks for the reply..

>> The 2SC5739 does seem to have higher gain at higher frequencies than
>> the 2SC2166, so your 20 meter output may improve if you change it,
>> but I can offer no guarantees on that
The plastic tab safety factor was obvious but, of course, I was wondering if there was an
improvement in the upper frequency efficiency.....

>>Should you make the change and find your power output is above 4 watts,
>> reduce the setting of R1 to the 4 watt level. The components in the KX1 PA
>> output stage can be stressed at power levels much in excess of 4 watts.
I will definitely keep tha in mind... on the surface it looks like a simple swap --- the thing to
decide is if there is a real noticeable performance improvement...

Thanks again...

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

The Original Point and Click  --- Smith and Wesson....