List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] K rig's longevity?
From:       "Fred (FL)" <ncsailors () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-09-30 23:41:50

I'm sure there are computer savvy wizs in the
Elecraft community - with the ability to
"dis-assemble" the firmware in rigs like the
K2 and K3.  One would hope this is so, for the
sake of the long time longevity of our firware.

It would also require a unique close up and
personal hardware knowledge of these rigs,
and their chip sets.

Heaven forbid - but should the corporate airplane
go down in a hurricane, with all hands aboard -
who's to keep the Elecraft firmware alive? Ditto,
say a unfriendly takeover, by Yaseu, etc.?  Major
companies, are supposed to worry about such
rare happenings, for the customers sake.

PC CMOS BIOS is an example - which Phoenix Inc.,
did quite well at.  I believe I have the example
spelling right .... ?

Fred, de N3CSY