List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Anderson PowePole connectors
From:       "Jim Brown" <jim () audiosystemsgroup ! com>
Date:       2007-07-31 15:08:56

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:37:38 -0700, wayne burdick wrote:

>We chose APP connectors for several reasons, and don't regret it
>in the slightest

I strongly agree. I converted ALL of my ham gear to Power Pole soon
after buying my first K2. I've subsequently converted all of my other
personal equipment that runs on 12VDC in one form or another. Makes
life a lot easier.

I have seen documentation of inferior "knock-off" connectors made by
mfrs other than Anderson. Problems include unsatisfactory mating.

One other important point. Twisted pair is well known for rejecting
RFI, yet power cords for ham gear have traditionally used parallel
conductors. The same is true for loudspeaker cables. That's two more
standards worth changing.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC