List:       elecraft
Subject:    RE: [Elecraft] K2 and DSP
From:       "Arie Kleingeld PA3A" <pa3a () hccnet ! nl>
Date:       2007-07-30 20:57:32

I have the dsp too.
The IF filtering of the K2 is fine so the DSP does not add much in the
bandwidth filtering but it adds just that little bit that I want. It's
switched on all the time at a reasonable wide bandwidth setting to cut
off high freq hiss and low freq noise and qrm.

I keep the NR off. Don't like the blurry sound.

What I particlarly like is the automatic notch when listening to ssb. FB
once you have the settings right.

The fun part of the DSP is the playing with the NR- and Notch-settings
and listening to the effect (although I have yet to discover the right
NR setting that works under most circumstances)

Conclusion: The DSP stays!

73
Arie PA3A