List:       elecraft
Subject:    RE: [Elecraft] Lower power output after master reset...
From:       Brett gazdzinski <brett.gazdzinski () verizonbusiness ! com>
Date:       2007-07-30 16:48:58

One thing I noticed on my K2 is that the slightest
swr will fold back the power output a lot.

The basic K2 reads power output as voltage only at the
antenna output, and that is used to adjust the power
output of the radio.
Pushing the tune button would change the power output
a lot, as the rig reads the voltage and makes adjustments.

When you add the built in antenna tuner, that has an swr
reading circuit, so power is more accurate and stable I think.

I think there is an swr calibration procedure, and you
might also make sure the antenna tuner actually tuned down
to a 1.1 to 1 swr.

Brett
N2DTS