List:       elecraft
Subject:    RE: [Elecraft] KAT2 alignment question
From:       "Don Wilhelm" <w3fpr () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2006-11-30 22:08:07

Richard,

Those numbers are in the ballpark - the exact voltage at U4 pin 1 will
depend on the power output as well as the position of trimmer R1 - if your
R1 is not quite to the center position, that would explain having less than
3 volts.  The bridge null is sharp, and if you have a DMM that responds
faster than the K2 display or an analog DC voltmeter you may be able to
achieve a better null by monitoring the voltage at the junction of R2 and
the cathode of D2.  Be certain to use an insulated tool when adjusting C55
because both sides of it are above ground. Tune C55 very slowly once near
the null point.

73,
Don W3FPR