List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] BFO test frequency out of range - Solved
From:       Craig Marscin <cmarscin () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-12-30 16:22:50

Hi All,

I finally was able to get this problem corrected!  A couple emails back
and fourth with Elecraft's parts department and they were able to
conferm that I was shipped the wrong BFO crystals.  Apparently, a very
small number of K2s around my serial number 4078 had this same
affliction.  A quick swap and I was finally able to meet the max and min
for the BFO test.  As a result now when I transmit on the USB the
carrier is properly filtered out.  It has also really helped the audio
quality now that I am able to do CAL FIL properly.

Thanks to everyone that helped!   Especially Gary KI4GGX and Jim W4ATK.

73, Craig KC9GUS