List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Re: QRP Barbershop OCTET Contest tonight!
From:       "Joe, aa4nn" <aa4nn () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-09-30 14:36:33

I intended to start the contest on 20m so I listened a while before the contest, \
nothing, nada, dead from North Louisiana.  Checking 80m periodically during the \
contest revealed nothing much but noise.  I am surprised this rural QTH is so noisy.  \
Nothing like my home in South Carolina.

But the contest was fun using my K2 at 5 watts and portable center fed Zepp.  All of \
my 29 haircuts were given out on 40m, including 4 barbers and one dup.  Thanks to all \
for all the Qs.

The next Barbershop Contest will be December 29th.  It happens I will be in Houston, \
TX, for that one.

73,
de Joe, aa4nn
aka  K5ESE & K5GFN

K6ese wrote:
> Anyone on for the contest??? 20 Meters sure is dead!

Trev,