List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] Bird 43 responses
From:       J F <phriendly1 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-09-30 12:54:51

Thanks for all the insiteful responses. I have a
number of good ideas to work with now.

Since obtaining the Bird, I have bought a 50H slug, so
I can also do some comparative checks.

Calibration is such an interesting topic, subject to
much conjecture and debate. I work with precision
alignment of mechanical components and we work in the
micron range ( 0.001") on multi ton components.
Tolerances are specified, at times, but the meaning is
often a grey area. Is the tolerance to the device
itself? a global reference? component to component? It
can make a big difference at the end of the day,
particularly if you don't have any hair left...

Appreciate all the help here!
73,
Julius
n2wn