List:       elecraft
Subject:    RE: [Elecraft] 12v 0.8Ah gel cells...
From:       "John Clifford" <johnclif () ix ! netcom ! com>
Date:       2004-08-31 1:49:45

The connector is referred to as a 'Mate-N-Lok'.  I believe it is the same
connector that Elecraft uses to plug in the 12v gel cell into the K2's
motherboard.

Some people buy a female (receptacle) Mate-N-Lok (from Mouser, etc., use the
name as a search term on Mouser's website) and make an adapter to Anderson
Powerpoles, a barrel connector, etc., depending on their application.
Others cut the connector off the battery and put their own connector on it.
It's up to you.

I know that one of these cells will fit inside a K1.  Has anyone tried to
see if it will fit inside a KX1?  I also use 'em with my HTs since they are
a LOT cheaper than AA NiMH cells and easier to recharge in the field (just
plug them into a 12v auto cigarette lighter receptacle -- they can't be
overcharged on 13.8 VDC).  Two of them fit inside a cheap digital camera
case, and it's easy to have a spare pair charging while I use a pair.

Like I said, I've got about 40 left so if anyone wants some let me know
ASAP.

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1, Centaur, 238B
Alinco DR-605TQ, DJ-V5
Icom T90A

IRLP #3978