List:       ecs-user
Subject:    Re: Script() use in ECS
From:       robert burrell donkin <robertdonkin () mac ! com>
Date:       2001-07-16 19:35:48

On Monday, July 16, 2001, at 08:18 PM, Stephan Nagy wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, July 12, 2001, at 03:48 PM, David Ethell wrote:

<snip>

>> i'd say that probably setOnLoad (and all the other javascript methods)
>> should return the appropriate element type (in this case, body).
>>
>> (maybe somebody would like to jump in here and tell me if there's a good
>> reason why they were written that way.)
>
> Since most elements have some javascript methods avaialable to them, Jon
> and I ( it might be more fair to say, I decided and Jon implemented )
> that it would be easiest to break down the on* methods into interfaces
> that had to do with page loading, mouse clicks, etc.  And have the
> elements that need them implement the interfaces, that way you would get
> compile time errors if you forgot to implement one of the methods.  I
> think that was my original arguement anyway.

ok. seems reasonable :)

BTW

1. on the subject of rtf's, i can't find any machine readable specs - but
we could probably save time by creating our own from the human-readable
specs and generating from that.

2. i'd like to go ahead and commit the testing stuff tonight so now's the
time to stop me...

- robert