List:       ecs-user
Subject:    Re: ecs2
From:       robert burrell donkin <robertdonkin () mac ! com>
Date:       2001-09-24 20:56:15

On Monday, September 24, 2001, at 03:24 PM, Stephan Nagy wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> are there any objections to me removing the generated classes from
>> src/org/
>> apacge/ecs/xhtml?
>>
>> they are a real PITA for me since it now takes me about 30 mins to do a
>> cvs update
>>
> Thats fine with me.  Earthlink has yet to deliver my dsl equipment so I'm
> stuck in dialup hell right now as well.

i've removed the generated classes and the generation scripts are now
working.

if you want to give generation a spin you'll need ant 1.4, a recent
velocity 1.2, and the latest releases for commons-collections,
commons-beanutils and commons-digester. the xhtml generation script is in
jakarta-ecs2/generation/xhtml-gen. you can either put those jar's into
jakarta-ecs2/generation/lib or you can alter the build.properties. once
you have ant 1.4 installed, you can generate and build ecs2 by typing 'ant'
, the template's is jakarta-esc2/generation/xhtml-
gen/templates/ElementTemplate.vm.java and it's pretty readable.

- robert