List:       e1000-devel
Subject:    Re: [E1000-devel] Questions about merging commits to kernel
From:       "Fujinaka, Todd" <todd.fujinaka () intel ! com>
Date:       2018-01-12 16:25:15

All our work goes into the newer kernels. When is the question, and we're always \
submitting to mainline and do our development and test there.

As for backports, it was suggested to me that I tell you to go to the netdev mailing \
list and ask Dave Miller to submit it to stable. From there the individual stable \
tree maintainers can pull it.

Netdev has rules and is a very high volume mailing list and so I also strongly \
suggest that you do some research before you post to that list.

Todd Fujinaka
Software Application Engineer
Datacenter Engineering Group
Intel Corporation