List:       e1000-devel
Subject:    Re: [E1000-devel] Fake TX hangs
From:       "Skidmore, Donald C" <donald.c.skidmore () intel ! com>
Date:       2015-09-22 17:12:12

Hey Tal Abudi,

The Fake Tx hang message means that the stack is trying to reset the driver since it \
"thinks" we are hung however the driver doesn't believe that there is anything it can \
transmit.  This is most often cased but excessive flow control or a faulty switch.  \
What does your ethtool stats show?  And you might what to test with FC disabled \
(assuming you have it enabled currently) to see if the messages go away.

Thanks,
-Don Skidmore <donald.c.skidmore@intel.com>