List:       e1000-devel
Subject:    Re: [E1000-devel] Unable to use 10GB NIC cards
From:       "Yoder, William" <WYoder () BBandT ! com>
Date:       2014-02-27 14:07:08

Hi, Todd and Don:

Thanks for your prompt and helpful responses regarding our problem.  I can certainly \
appreciate your position:  "We're not able to test every SFI module..."  The number \
of possible configurations seems staggering.

After some discussion with the BB&T team, our conclusion is not to use an untested \
device driver configured to "allow_unsupported_sfp" in our production Oracle servers. \
We'd like to replace the current SFPs and/or 10GB fiber NICs with those which will \
work with off-the-shelf device drivers that are shipped as part of the official RHEL \
6.5 release.

Do you have any suggestions for replacement hardware or contact information for a \
sales rep?

Thanks a bunch!

Bill Yoder
WYoder@BBandT.com<mailto:WYoder@BBandT.com>