List:       e1000-devel
Subject:    Re: [E1000-devel] Jumbo frame MTU setting for Virtual function - RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
From:       "Tantilov, Emil S" <emil.s.tantilov () intel ! com>
Date:       2014-02-19 17:34:32

I don't know exactly which patch resolved this issue. The driver went over quite a \
bit of rework so it's unlikely that the change will be small or simple. Although you \
can go over the drivers from SF and find the closest version to 2.17.12 that solves \
your issue and look at the changes.

> In case of updating the driver, only updating ixgbevf alone
> is enough OR I need to update both ixgbe and ixgbevf ??

We test the ixgbe and ixgbevf together as they are released, so the further away \
ixgbevf is from ixgbe the more likely you are to run into some kind of problem.

> Is there any dependency with user land packages  (related to
> nettools or something related) ??

Not that I know of.

Thanks,
Emil