List:       e1000-devel
Subject:    Re: [E1000-devel] [rfc 0/4] igb: bandwidth allocation
From:       Simon Horman <horms () verge ! net ! au>
Date:       2009-11-25 6:31:09

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:01:32AM -0800, Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 18:21, Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au> wrote:

> >> Thanks Simon.   I have add the 4 patch series to my tree for testing.
> >
> > Thanks. I wanted to get the code out rather than sitting on it
> > for lack of a better user-space interface. Although there
> > is a lot of fluff the actual register twiddling for
> > bandwidth allocation turned out to be quite simple.
> >

> Simon -
> After doing some testing on the series of patches, we are getting a
> panic with these patches applied to net-next.  I have provided below
> the panic we saw, right now we have a large patch load so a bisect
> will have to wait.  Hopefully with time permitting, we will be able to
> revisit these patches soon.

Hi Jeff,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I've been caught up with
family matters for the past few weeks (my wife had a baby!).

It seems that the problem was caused by the second patch in the series
moving the initialisation of adapter->vfs_allocated_count.
I will submit a fresh patch series to resolve this and some
other minor problems.