List:       e1000-devel
Subject:    Re: [E1000-devel] RSS on 82576
From:       Luca Deri <deri () ntop ! org>
Date:       2009-11-20 17:44:12

Jesse
suppose you have a TCP connection A:b <-> B:b (A = IP, b = port). On 82576 A:a -> B:b \
goes to queue X, and B:b -> A:a goes to queue Y, where X != Y, whereas I would like \
to have X == Y.

This looks normal to me according to the specs \
(http://download.intel.com/design/network/datashts/82576_Datasheet.pdf) as the \
hashing function (page 246) is not producing the same result for both directions.

I was wondering if I can force RSS to put packets of the same TCP connection onto the \
same queue as otherwise received packets are shuffled (this is the problem I'm \
willing to solve).

I use igb 2.0.6 and I insert the igb module as "insmod ./igb.ko VMDQ=2,2 RSS=2,2" on \
my Core2Duo machine.

Thanks for your help.

Luca