List:       e1000-devel
Subject:    Re: [E1000-devel] Question about driver comparison
From:       "Ronciak, John" <john.ronciak () intel ! com>
Date:       2008-08-14 20:43:01

Compare it how?  The drivers that show up on our SF site also have the
same patches pushed upstream.  The problem is that it can take a while
for those changes to show up due to when merge windows happen.

The main difference is that the SF version is "stand-alone" version.
Meaning that you can compile and use it on a wide range of kernels going
back to 2.4.19 and 2.6.5.

If you are looking for something specific you'll need to diff the code
yourself.

Cheers,
John
temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.", Benjamin
Franklin 1755