List:       e-smith-devinfo
Subject:    Re: [e-smith-devinfo] SME 6.0 Servicelink status??
From:       Greg Zartman <gzlist () leiinc ! com>
Date:       2003-08-19 0:46:00

> Update - Just to clarify:
> I only know 6.0b3 and not the final 6.0! We are not a servicelink customer.

I purchased a servicelink subscription.  For this version, SME 6 is
final.  My understanding is that the development(GPL) version is still
in beta.

> the imap folder structure has changed significantly from 5.6 to 6.0 so I
> would plan carefully how much work is involved when you are using
> contribs based on procmail (spamassassin!).

I do utilize procmail to some extent, but do not run spamassassin on my
production machine.  I'm pretty picky about which non-mitel contribs I
install on my production box as I've had a bad experience with upgrading
a customized box.

In my case, it won't hurt me in the least to uninstall my procmail
contrib and perform the upgrade.  I'll likely play with procmail on my
SME 6 testbox for a bit before implementing again on my production machine.

Thanks.

Regards,
--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.