List:       e-smith-devinfo
Subject:    Subdomain email relaying (maybe a custom pannel)
From:       Jaime Nebrera Herrera <jnebrera () jazzfree ! com>
Date:       2002-09-25 11:17:38

  Hi all,

  We are engaged in a big E-Smith installation and have a little doubt. The
general idea is to have 1 central server and 13 office servers all with ESSG
installed. We want just to buy one domain (company.com) and let all the mail
go there. Then, after scanning for viruses and cleaning spamm send it trough
smtp to the office server that has its own subdomain (1.company.com)
We dont know if this is possible using the virtual dommains feature (it
shouldnt as the different subdomains are in different IP and servers) or
through the "hostnames and addresses panel" (this would be probably the
choice).

  The problem with he second option is we want the email to be processed in
the main server before actual delivery searching for viruses and such. I
guess the actual situation doesnt support this.

  Also there is the option of relaying all the email to a different server,
but this is neither a choice, as there are 13 relaying servers involved.

  We want to know if this is possible BEFORE actually start coding such an
addon that we would release as allways as GPL. If nothing is available, we
would start coding a custom pannel for this new feature as the client needs
it, and just want to know if anybody else is interested in this and would
like to help/contribute/test/give ideas.

  Thanks for your time.

PS.- I have asked before in the advanced forum but as nobody answered and
this would evolve into a custom panel if nothing is allready done I consider
this a "on topic" question. Please, if not have my apologies and will try
only in the forum.

http://www.e-smith.org/bboard/read.php?f=3&i=21877&t=21877

--
Jaime Nebrera Herrera