List:       e-smith-devinfo
Subject:    RE: [e-smith-devinfo] Imap - UID problem
From:       "Michael Doerner" <michael () baypc ! co ! nz>
Date:       2001-07-31 20:56:31

Update:

I can fix the problem temporarily by deleting that .uidvalidity file but
very soon after that I keep getting the same problem again, in all different
imap folders. :-(
That means my last night's thoughts what caused it were wrong.

Anybody else who might have some ideas for that?

I just don't want to give up on imap now. It looks like the ideal
integration with webmail ...

Thanks,
Michael Doerner

...snip...

> Some interesting facts (for Outlook users?) that I found through that:
>
> It happened only in some subdirectories of my imap folders so I had to
> delete the .uidvalidity files in those particular folders.
> Apparently I can recreate the problem when I move mails (in Outlook 2000)
> from my personal folder into an imap folder BUT ... it seems to have a
> problem only then, when the original mail had gone through an Outlook rule
> before!
> After moving such a "massaged" mail in an imap folder, the
> problem comes up
> again and I have to delete the .uidvalidity file.
> If the mail was not processed by an Outlook rule before, I can easily move
> it to an imap folder without creating that problem.
..snip..