List:       e-smith-devinfo
Subject:    Re: [e-smith-devinfo] procmail rpm
From:       "Stephen Noble" <noble () bravo ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-07-30 0:50:28

sorry to people reading a thread but i'm on the digest <shrug>

>What would be even better is to have a user screen where they could
>edit their own information (contact details etc.) and there could also
>be a section for editing the procmail file so the
>administrator doesn't have to do it

i link to the procmail file so i can edit in user space
do you want to do this
or
i have a panel that generates a .mailfilterrc file but it's done by the
admin.
makeing a userpanel similar to the old e-smith-admin panel would openup
some interesting possibilities but i'm not going to try it.

> stephen noble <stephen@dungog.net> said:
>
> > the rpm includes a modified useraccounts panel -> altuser where the
> > admin chooses to use procmail rather than use local/forward/both
> > a modified .qmail template
>
> Hi Stephen, I'd like to take a look at your rpm.  Would you send me a
> copy directly.  Also, if you could a quick list of what/where files
are
> installed?

/etc/e-smith/web/functions/altuser
/etc/e-smith/templates-user-custom/.qmail/20e-smithForward

e-smith.dungog.net has the rpm's

> Thanks,
>

> > the problem still is EASY access to the ~/.procmailrc file
> > perhaps change it in the .qmail file to ~/home/procmail.txt ?
>
> Are you meaning for admin or for the user?
>
> IMHO, I would not want users to be able to easily access
> their .procmailrc file.  To easy for them to make a mistake and screw
up
> their e-mail :(

do you want to discuss this with david and decide
how easy to make it ;-)
admin conditionally grants the user permission, then the users takes
responsibility for themselves if they are game

regards stephen