List:       e-lang
Subject:    Re: [e-lang] wiki.erights.org down?
From:       James Graves <ansible () xnet ! com>
Date:       2008-02-04 17:15:32

Karp, Alan H wrote:
> James Graves wrote:
> > Next I'll work on that catchpa stuff next.  I'm not going to promise a
> > specific date though.
> >
> You should use recaptcha (http://recaptcha.net/) instead.  It gives the same \
> protection as captchas and helps digitize books.
> I would require them for setting up an account and making anonymous edits.  That \
> way somone who doesn't edit often doesn't have to bother setting up an account.

I was feeling plucky and so implemented reCAPTCHA on wiki.erights.org.

Turned out to be fairly easy and quick, because they've got a MediaWiki
plugin already.  As a consequence, I've re-enabled anonymous edits.
Let's see if that ends up being a problem.

I've done some basic testing, and everything seems to be fine.

Now I need to go through and delete all those bogus accounts.

James