List:       e-lang
Subject:    [e-lang] E Benchmarks
From:       Kevin Reid <kpreid () mac ! com>
Date:       2006-11-30 5:30:06

The E implementation benchmarking tool I've been working on is now in
my Subversion repository.

   svn://slimy.com/cl-e/e-benchmark/trunk/

Things that need improvement:

   - Measure CPU time as well as real time.
     (This requires support from the E implementation.)

   - Separating into emakers.

   - Better handling for the multiple-data-set-size tests.

   - Skip benchmarks that throw, instead of dying. There's currently
one which fails on E-on-Java because of a use of [].diverge(any).

   - Tweakable repetition count control scheme.

   - Less wasted time in the repetition selection and empty-routine
runs.

   - More benchmarks.
     (Please help me think of them!)

The current tests included are very much just the things I wanted to
test for a particular change I was considering in E-on-CL; they are
not broad at all.