List:       e-lang
Subject:    Re: [e-lang] edoc
From:       James Graves <ansible () xnet ! com>
Date:       2004-06-07 22:04:39

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:13:02AM -0700, Mark S. Miller wrote:

> If I remember right, the interesting logic of edoc is in those files.
> edoc doesn't have much logic since it doesn't really do that much. Javadoc
> does most of the work.

OK, I'll have to read through it again.

> The 0.5 version of sinjdoc (the current one at the moment) is the one I
> looked at. It looks good to me.
>
> GPL is a potentially serious problem, since the heart of the current
> E-on-Java implementation is covered by MPL, and the two are link
> incompatible (or something). However, this should not prevent us from
> building and running your new edoc as a separate program, which is how I ran
> the old edoc, in order to avoid SCSL contamination.

[...deleted...]

> Because a javadoc-like program is such a big job, perhaps you should at
> least do the first prototype using Sinjdoc? Once we have something working,
> we can reevaluate from there. How's that sound?

OK.  We probably don't have a major need to have it totally integrated.

Unfortunately, I'm hip-deep in seven different projects at work, and the
girlfriend is flying into town this week.  So I'm not likely to get
anything done for a couple weeks, at least.

Welcome back!

James Graves