List:       e-lang
Subject:    [e-lang] RE: sexprs vs. xml
From:       patrickdlogan () attbi ! com
Date:       2002-12-31 17:27:18

> But regarding XML, S-Expressions was already a well behaved adult, and still
> cuter than the XML puppy, when people chose the XML puppy anyway. More is
> needed to explain XML's popularity.

I've been using SXML which has a direct translation with XML for external
compatibility, but the benefits of sexprs internally.

BTW these language issues have more to do with culture and psychology than
technology. People will willingly beat their heads with large books to try
to understand something like DCOM, and yet cringe and slink away at the
thought of sexprs or even recursion.

-Patrick