List:       e-lang
Subject:    [e-lang] Newbie question about integrating e with Java and a servlet
From:       "Randolph S. Kahle" <RandolphSKahle () kahleassociates ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 14:34:14

I have read through most of the material on the web site, the
introduction book, and some of the examples in the download.

I understand how one would use e to build a system and call upon the
Java support structures.

What I do not understand is how I might integrate e with the following:

    * Pure Java server (e.g., Resin)

    * Servlet based framework (WebOGNL in this case, which is
    similar to Struts).

    * A multi-layer architecture (UI, Application, Domain, Persistence)

What I would like to do is leverage as much existing infrastructure and
use e starting at the application layer.

If the user interactions with the system result in calls into the
servlet-based UI framework, and if I have designed my system around a
CommandProcessor pattern (the UI sends command objects to the
application layer, which acts as the CommandProcessor). How might I
leverage e and use it to provide a secure, distributed sub-structure?

Thanks!

Randy