List:       dspam-users
Subject:    Re: [Dspam-user] dspam eating attachments?
From:       Jasper Wallace <jasper () pointless ! net>
Date:       2012-07-31 22:02:33

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Stevan Bajiæ wrote:

> On 30.04.2012 11:02, Jasper Wallace wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was recently sent an email with attachments but when it got to me the
> > attachments where missing.
> >
> > Looking at my exim logs I see (trimmed a bit):
> >
> > <= S=159015 id=CAPm8LjoY=78e093HQ_j0qHrWKX8DDSSH34+zEg9YTZExFJs9ZQ@mail.gmail.com
> > =>  R=dspam_router T=dspam_spamcheck S=159090
> >
> > So thats a 155Kb email (S=size) with message id CAPm8LjoY-blah being sent
> > via the dspam router to the dspam_spamcheck transport, so far, so good.
> >
> > <= U=Debian-exim P=spam-scanned S=4207 \
> > id=CAPm8LjoY=78e093HQ_j0qHrWKX8DDSSH34+zEg9YTZExFJs9ZQ@mail.gmail.com =>  \
> > jasper<jasper@pointless.net>  R=localuser_dovecot T=dovecot_delivery S=4328
> > and thats the same email (same id=) coming back from dspam and going to
> > dovecot, but now it's 4kb!
> >
> > The same email sent to another email address and then forwarded to me
> > works.
> >
> > I'm using exim 4.72 built from debian sources with some minor changes and
> > dspam version 3.10.1+dfsg-3~bpo60+1 from debian squeeze
> >
> > Has this happened to anyone else? What can i do to debug this further (Is
> > there a way to switch on more logging in dspam?).
> >

> You know what is funny? You are the second one (I remember) having
> something like this. The other person has Exim too and uses Debian too.
>
> @Julien: Is that case still open in Debian bug tracker? Do you remember?
> I think you where assigned to that bug.

Possibly the same problem, but i've just realised that emails with a '.'
on a line on it's own get all the content after and including the '.' line
removed

I guess cos the .\n terminates the email when dspam passes it to the LDA.

The LDA I'm using is:

/usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -f email@example.com -bm jasper

So is there a dspam config statement to get it to escape .\n lines? I'll
have a look in the exim docs to see if that has any hints.

--
[http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]