List:       dspam-users
Subject:    Re: [Dspam-user] dspam and dovecot antispam
From:       Wicher <wicher () gavagai ! eu>
Date:       2012-07-03 20:38:24

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Stevan Bajić <stevan@bajic.ch> wrote:
> On 03.07.2012 21:11, Wicher wrote:
> > > Yes. This is what I have seen most people doing. However... you need to
> > > have another mechanism (usually sieve script) that is moving mail to the
> > > Spam/Junk folder when the X-DSPAM-Result header is
> > > spam/blacklisted/blocklisted/virus.
> > I use:
> >
> > Postfix, main.cf:
> > recipient_delimiter = +
> >
> > dspam.conf:
> > EnablePlusedDetail      on
> > QuarantineMailbox      +spam
> >
> > and then the Dovecot LDA:
> > recipient_delimiter = +
> >
> > and the Dovecot LMTP to which dspam delivers *all* mail, be it ham or spam:
> > lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox = yes
> >
> > So what this does is... if a user creates a mailbox with name 'spam',
> > mail classified by dspam as spam will get delivered into this mailbox.
> Mailbox? Are you sure it is a full blown up mailbox?

Sorry about that! Mail folder is indeed what I meant.

> Anyway... I am not 100% sure if you need to specify the recipient
> delimiter in dovecot LDA. As far as I remember you can just use "-m
> ${extension}" option when sending the mail from Postfix to dovecot-lda.

Possibly. But my Postfix does not speak to the dovecot LDA. Rather, it
speaks LMTP to dspam which then speaks LMTP to the dovecot LDA. No
reinjection.

> > Reclassification is handled by dovecot-antispam. No need for Sieve
> > filters, no need to change the subject line.
> The problem still stands that if DSPAM stops working (for whatever
> reason) then you can't see it in the inbox.

True. Actually, in my setup it's critical for dspam to be up & running
for *any* mail to be delivered… So I keep my fingers crossed (not
really, it's solid logging and alerts for me)

Cheers, Wicher Minnaard.