List:       dspam-users
Subject:    Re: [Dspam-user] =?utf-8?q?ignoreRBLLookups_=2C_whats_that=3F?=
From:       Stevan_Bajić <stevan () bajic ! ch>
Date:       2012-06-20 15:45:54

Am 2012-06-20 17:05, schrieb Marko Weber:
> Hello List,

Hello Marko,

> what does the Attribute "ignoreRBLLookups" mean?

setting ingnoreRBLLookups to On you can turn off the Lookup feature of
DSPAM. See this paragraph form dspam.conf:

#
# Lookup: Perform lookups on streamlined blackhole list servers (see
# http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/sbl/). The streamlined
blacklist
# server is machine-automated, unsupervised blacklisting system
designed to
# provide real-time and highly accurate blacklisting based on network
spread.
# When performing a lookup, DSPAM will automatically learn the inbound
message
# as spam if the source IP is listed. Until an official public RABL
server is
# available, this feature is only useful if you are running your own
# streamlined blackhole list server for internal reporting among
multiple mail
# servers. Provide the name of the lookup zone below to use.
#
# This function performs standard reverse-octet.domain lookups, and
while it
# will function with many RBLs, it's strongly discouraged to use those
# maintained by humans as they're often inaccurate and could hurt
filter
# learning and accuracy.
#
#Lookup         "sbl.example.org"

> i cant find on
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/dspam/index.php?title=Preferences_Attributes

I don't think that that wiki article is claiming to be 100% complete.

--
Kind Regards from Switzerland,

Stevan Bajić