List:       dspam-users
Subject:    Re: [Dspam-user] dspam timeout
From:       Stevan =?UTF-8?B?QmFqacSH?= <stevan () bajic ! ch>
Date:       2010-05-27 10:17:18

On Wed, 26 May 2010 09:26:23 -0700
Bradley Giesbrecht <bradley.giesbrecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> Each day I have a db dump emailed to me and since I activated dspam
> for this account this email is returned with 'Command time limit
> exceeded: "/opt/local/bin/dspamc"'.

How long is the timeout you have specified in your Postfix for the dspamc command? \
Probably you are using the pipe service and if I am not wrong the default for pipe \
transports is 1000 Seconds. So it looks like it takes over 16 Minutes to push that \
message to dspamc. I can not believe that sending such a message (64MB) would take \
that long. Can you run that transport in verbose mode and maybe Postfix too to see \
what is happening?

> Attachment is around 64MB.
>
> I have this value set in dspam.conf:
> MaxMessageSize	1048576
>
> In the case of MaxMessageSize does 1048576 = 1MB?

Yes.

> Wouldn't MaxMessageSize of 1MB cause the above message to be ignored
> by dspam?

Ignored? YES.
But it will still be processed by DSPAM. DSPAM needs to read the whole message and \
then pass it to whatever delivery method you have choosen to use with DSPAM. But it \
will not compute the probability/confidence for that message since it is over \
MaxMessageSize.

--
Kind Regards from Switzerland,

Stevan Bajić