List:       dspam-users
Subject:    Re: [dspam-users] Lock wait timeout exceeded
From:       "Ricardo J. Barberis" <ricardo.barberis () dattatec ! com>
Date:       2008-06-12 16:58:09

Resending to the list (I keep forgeting to 'Reply to all', sorry)

El Miércoles 11 Junio 2008, Ud. escribió:
> Hello -

Hi

> I am running the following:
>
> CentOS 4.5
> MySQL 5.0.45 14.12
> dspam
>
> I get the following error randonmly throughout the day, but especially
> around the time my cron daily job wraps up... Cron job is posted way
> below, and the error is pasted here, snipped off due to the length of the
> data.
>
> Can anyone let me know what I should try to do to troubleshoot this?  Is
> there any other data I can provide?
>

> Error:
>
> [06/11/2008 07:32:29] 18017: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting
> transaction:

I had the same errors, try this in your /etc/my.cnf under [mysqld]:

# To avoid "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction"
innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 120
innodb_table_locks = 0

This might be useful too:

# To avoid "The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size"
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 256M

Of course, adjust the memory according to what you have available.

Regards,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Senior SysAdmin - I+D