List:       dshield
Subject:    Re: [Dshield] Redhat Patch Day
From:       David Cary Hart <DavidHart () tqmcube ! com>
Date:       2004-12-22 16:54:54

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 01:58 +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> Esler, Joel - Contractor:
>
> > While we know that the second (or first?) Tuesday of the month is
> > Microsoft Patch day, the third Tuesday of the month must be Redhat patch
> > day.  At least 50 new updates.  (didn't count them)
>
> This was update 4. The gtk update crapped out one of my 3-server LTSP site
> installs and the virgin gtk rpms had to be reinstalled.
>
> up2date should be handled with kid gloves.

Yum is far easier to control than uptoolate (at least for me).

Meanwhile, Fedora 3 is being updated at a torrid pace. Given the work
that goes into these by Redhat employees (they Redhatify and recompile
the RPMs) this is presumably related to the next release of RHEL.
> --Tonni
>
> --
> mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
> http://www.billy.demon.nl

> SANS Intrusion Immersion Training: Orlando, FL, February 3-9th
> http://www.sans.org/orlando05

Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com