List:       dshield
Subject:    Re: [Dshield] Anti-Spam Enterprise Products
From:       haakon.alstadheim () c2i ! net
Date:       2004-09-25 23:13:08

In message <200409230911.37265.mtombaugh@alliedcc.com>, Mark Tombaugh writes:
>On Wednesday 22 September 2004 7:40 pm, Alan Frayer wrote:
>> I can hear the answer now, "Consolidate the two ISPs and stop trying to
>> trick the system." And perhaps that's the thing to do, but this IS a
>> legitimate use of the technology... not an effort to spam... and it's
>> something SPF doesn't allow for, right?
>
>Actually its much more simple than that. Just add your ISPs to your spf
>records. For example:
>
>frayernet.com.   IN   TXT
>"v=spf1 mx include:dslisp.com include:dialupisp.com -all"

That would be the other way around, if he sends mail From
me@mydialupisp.com, but uses the outgoing mailserver of his DSL isp,
he would need to get his dialup isp to add an include for his DSL
isp. A solution would of course be to always use a from-line with a
domain he controls himself, like I guess you were thinking. Those
includes would be correct then I believe, though I don't have the
SPF-"language" internalized just yet :-)